Skip to main content

Tourism- bringing the best out of the world!


As a young solo traveler, whenever I plan my next trip I somehow always end up focusing on big names on the map, such as London, Stockholm or some other capital city promoted on the Internet.I don't know how other travelers think, but I don't know if the small village of Sapanta  in the north of Romania(http://www.romanianmonasteries.org/maramures/sapanta) is somehwere on their travel list.Or the small town of Medjugorje in Bosnia&Herzegovina.
 
 Before turning 18 ,I went on many roadtrips with my father in my country ,Romania, and got to see almost all it has to offer.Yes,Romania is one of the ex-communist countries of Eastern Europe.And yes,it is behind Western Europe and the U.S. in many aspects.But what I have noticed in the small,poor villages I passed through were the tourists who realized that having a good holiday doesn't mean going to Paris. There were not as many as I wished there were but I think that Romania is slowly  progressing now that tourism is present.
 
I always feel like crying when I see a very old, modest- looking woman selling beautiful hand made objects,standing right next to a young man wearing designer sunglasses and selling mass produced refrigerator magnets .And sadly most people prefer the refrigerator magnets. When people will realise that tourism  brings growth in every aspect to a community which is struggling, then things will move in a good direction.
 Right now, Medjugorje comes to mind.For non- religious people,it might mean nothing but it sure shows what tourism can do over time.The village from the 1980s is now a very touristic town, with loads of religious and non-religious objects for sale  but also locally produced fruits,vegetables and wine. The local farmers  seemed content  and the competition between them and the people selling key chains,pens and mugs seemed  more fair. When I returned back home,my old high school classmates laughed at me for going to Bosnia and later on, adults sometimes asked, to my surprise “Bosnia? Did you see any land mines?”.
 
Medjugorje ,1981(Source:http://genesmusings-gene.blogspot.de)
 
 Medjugorje today(Source:Adriamark)
 

I am very thankful to live in a country that has visibly changed since I was a child and to see these changes myself.The region I live in is probably the most touristic area of my country thanks to  the legend of Dracula.I have met many people who came here as tourists and I've witnessed the city turn more and more beautiful so I  can safely say that tourism has brought good changes in my life and the life of the community.

 
I am also very fortunate to be able to compare                     
Vienna,London,Helsinki and Venice to small ,thriving communities such as Colmar,Medjugorje,Rupea and many others. As I'm sitting here on a couch in Singen,Germany ,I'm contemplating the huge turistic potential of the Bodensee area and thinking of my upcomming trip in Eastern Asia or Mexico.

Comments

  1. I don’t know how I should give you thanks for making us aware about this important information! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time I would have wasted by browsing for same information on internet. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been browsing internet for more than three hours today since morning, yet I didn’t found any interesting article like this which provides knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else experiencing issues with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!:)

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling is expensive? Let's talk about that

After a very long break from my blog , I would like to adress an isue that has probably been talked about by lots of people. If you are a member of some sort of Nomads groups on Facebook, then you can see how every day someone posts his or her travel plan (by foot, bike etc) and you might be thinking one or all the following : How does she have that much time? I work like crazy and maybe even have children whom I have to take care of. Where on earth did he get the money from? I'm still struggling to survive and pay the rent. How much money does one need to travel for months? They're like in their 20s, they couldn't have saved so much money. I want to do that. Ok,maybe not hitchhiking because of all the creeps and not camping because of ,you know, bugs....and wilderness. But I want to go on holidays without feeling like ,when I come back, I have no money left. If you're not thinking any of that, then have fun on the Seychelles. So what is the point of this a

Hope Solo Portrait

Yup,this is my drawing of Hope Solo.I will do Adam Levine next.If you have any requests,use the tab in the menu thingy :) Have a nice day!

Portrait: Shakira

Hi guys! I finally went through my portrait "collection" a couple of days ago and added a new one of Shakira. Looking back on the first portraits I've ever made I see a big difference between my most recent ones and the old ones. I'm really happy to see this development :) There are portraits I can't even look at without saying "How could I have even posted this on my blog?It's so bad !" :) But ,hey, people learn from their mistakes (or they should) and I'm aware that I still have a lot of mistakes to correct. Anyways,without further ado, this is my portrait of Colombian singer Shakira: I'm also running out of inspiration for which celebrity I should draw next. I know,I know,  there are plenty of celebrities out there but it would mean more to me if I draw someone you would really like to see. So please leave requests in the special section in the menu or by leaving a comment down below. Thanks for checking out my blog and have