Skip to main content

Thoughts of a kid who knows what he wants,but doesn't know how to get there(1)


9th of November,around noon, a bus going to Bucharest Otopeni Airport.There were hardly any people in the bus and the weather was foggy and somewhat depressing.The sound of whatever Romanian radio station was blasting through my headphones,as I was sitting with the small backpack between my legs.I was excited to be here. Not necessarily in the bus,but on the way to the airport,to my plane who will ultimately take me to Germany.Ok,not Germany,but Switzerland.But I would get to Germany the same day.

My phone starts ringing.I look at the name on the screen ."Mum Home".Great,I haven't even left the country yet and my mother is calling to convince me of something. I bought a return ticket for my trip but warned my mother that I might not use it and come a week later. Apparently she wanted me to not postpone my return and come back on the 19th,when I was supposed to.I had to attend classses,she said. Oh,did I forget to mention? I'm a student in my last year and have been away from home most of the time ,rather than being in the classroom ,carefully listening to what the lecturer had to say and pretending I'm interested and I actually care about the subject.

Yes,yes, I was stuck studying something I'm not interested in .Nothing new,it happens.The thing is I fell in love with a city(and unfortunatelly a man) who was some 2000 miles away.And I had no clue whether I should give up my studies now and blindly go to this country ,the language of which I had limited knowledge of and try to get a job with my limited professional experience or just resign and be depressed sitting in class every day for the next 7 months.

"That's why I'm going there now,to find the answer to such important questions" I told myself and the people around me everyday.


Basel,Switzerland
 
The bus finally arrived.I had already told my mum I can't promise her an exact date when I'll be back.My flight to Basel was pleasant,as pleasent as a flight with a low cost airline can be.Prior to leaving,I had writen down the directions of how to get from one train station to the other by foot.I've always preferred walking,it allowed me to discover the city so much better by either getting lost or walking in circles. This time,surprisingly, none of these happened and I reached my destination,the Basel Bad Bahnhof,bought a train ticket to Freiburg and told myself not to buy anything in Switzerland.It's too expensive. My first stop will be the small town of Freiburg, where I already had a host whom I had met for a walk a couple of months before. I spent the next 3 days exploring the small city ,encountering new things and awesome people,but somehow my thoughts always returned to Stuttgart,my hometown away from home....

Comments

  1. Oh, you must update and tell us about this city, this man, and whether you came home or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, all of information is nice and all collection is great

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!:)

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling is expensive? Let's talk about that

After a very long break from my blog , I would like to adress an isue that has probably been talked about by lots of people. If you are a member of some sort of Nomads groups on Facebook, then you can see how every day someone posts his or her travel plan (by foot, bike etc) and you might be thinking one or all the following : How does she have that much time? I work like crazy and maybe even have children whom I have to take care of. Where on earth did he get the money from? I'm still struggling to survive and pay the rent. How much money does one need to travel for months? They're like in their 20s, they couldn't have saved so much money. I want to do that. Ok,maybe not hitchhiking because of all the creeps and not camping because of ,you know, bugs....and wilderness. But I want to go on holidays without feeling like ,when I come back, I have no money left. If you're not thinking any of that, then have fun on the Seychelles. So what is the point of this a

Hope Solo Portrait

Yup,this is my drawing of Hope Solo.I will do Adam Levine next.If you have any requests,use the tab in the menu thingy :) Have a nice day!

Portrait: Shakira

Hi guys! I finally went through my portrait "collection" a couple of days ago and added a new one of Shakira. Looking back on the first portraits I've ever made I see a big difference between my most recent ones and the old ones. I'm really happy to see this development :) There are portraits I can't even look at without saying "How could I have even posted this on my blog?It's so bad !" :) But ,hey, people learn from their mistakes (or they should) and I'm aware that I still have a lot of mistakes to correct. Anyways,without further ado, this is my portrait of Colombian singer Shakira: I'm also running out of inspiration for which celebrity I should draw next. I know,I know,  there are plenty of celebrities out there but it would mean more to me if I draw someone you would really like to see. So please leave requests in the special section in the menu or by leaving a comment down below. Thanks for checking out my blog and have